ACO Name and Location
Accountable Care Network of Independent Physicians
6321 Daniels Parkway, Suite 201
Fort Myers, FL 33912
Gale Pearce, Executive Director
Phone: 844-524-4400 x 106
Identification of the Types of ACO Participants or Combinations of Participants that Formed the ACO:
- ACO Professionals in a Group Practice Agreement
- ACO Participants
- Shaun E. Laurie, M.D., Professional Association
- NITIN BAWA P.A.
- Christopher Md & Associates Pa
- Anglin Medical, P.A.
- Fred Ross
- MILLENNIUM HOME CARE, LLC
- ADVANCED FAMILY MEDICINE CLINIC, INC.
- Jonathan Alvior M.D., LLC.
- Gulf Coast Medical Care PLLC
- Doctor’s Associates of Orlando LLC
- Heartland Medical Inc
- Internal Medicine & Pediatrics Associates of Tallahassee, Inc.
- Seffner Premier Healthcare, P.A.
- ROBERT G. ASHLEY, M.D., P.A.
- JAMES P WILSON MD
- PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIANS OF GAINESVILLE, P.A.
- Fred Ross
- SHAHLA MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, P.A.
- Buffalo Medical Center, Inc.
- Charles B Barniv Md Pa
- ROGERS CAIN, M.D., P.A.
- North Florida Internal Medicine, P.A.
- Westside Family Medical Center, P.A.
- Reginald L. Sykes, Sr, M.D., P.A.
- SUNIL N LALLA, MD, PA
- MARTIN SPENCER STONE MD, PA
- Neil Shechtman, M.D., P.A.
- COASTAL INTERNAL MEDICINE SPECIALISTS, PA
- P. RAJU, M.D., P.A.
No participants are involved in a joint venture between ACO professionals and hospitals.
Accountable Care Network of Independent Physicians Governing Body:
- Charles B Barniv, M.D., P.A., Voting Member, Dr. Charles B Barniv, M.D., P.A.
- Christopher M.D. and Associates, P.A., Voting Member, Dr. Christopher M.D. and Associates, P.A.
- Emile Cammedore, M.D., Voting Member
- Brian Fox, Voting Member, Accountable Care Network of Independent Physicians LLC
- Kevin Kearns, Voting Member, Accountable Care Network of Independent Physicians LLC
- David Howard, Voting Member and Medicare Beneficiary
Accountable Care Network of Independent Physicians Committees and Key Leadership Personnel
- Gale Pearce, Chief Population Health Officer
- Rick Waks, M.D., Chief Medical Officer
- Todd Gannon, Chief Analytics Officer
- Jeffrey Nelson, Chief Information Officer
- Tina Tolliver, Chief Compliance Officer
- Dana McCalley, Quality Assurance/Improvement Officer
ACO Participant Committee
- Charles Barniv, M.D., Chairman
- Brent Black, M.D.
- Anthony Duany, M.D.
Care Coordination Committee
- Steven Schnur, M.D., Chairman
- Allen Jacob, M.D.
- Margaret Valentine, M.D.
Quality Oversight Committee
- Audrey Baria, M.D., Chairman
- Brian Martin, D.O.
- Deyna Clarke, MD
Types of ACO participants, or combinations of participants, that formed the ACO:
- ACO professionals in a group practice arrangement
- Networks of individual practices of ACO professionals
Shared Savings and Losses
Amount of Shared Savings/Losses
Shared Savings Distribution
Quality Performance Results
2016 Quality Performance Results:
|ACO#||Measure Name||Rate||ACO Mean|
|ACO-1||CAHPS: Getting Timely Care, Appointments, and Information||N/A||80.51|
|ACO-2||CAHPS: How Well Your Providers Communicate||N/A||93.01|
|ACO-3||CAHPS: Patients’ Rating of Provider||N/A||92.25|
|ACO-4||CAHPS: Access to Specialists||N/A||83.49|
|ACO-5||CAHPS: Health Promotion and Education||N/A||60.32|
|ACO-6||CAHPS: Shared Decision Making||N/A||75.40|
|ACO-7||CAHPS: Health Status/Functional Status||N/A||72.30|
|ACO-34||CAHPS: Stewardship of Patient Resources||N/A||26.97|
|ACO-8||Risk Standardized, All Condition Readmission||N/A||14.70|
|ACO-35||Skilled Nursing Facility 30-day All-Cause Readmission measure (SNFRM)||N/A||18.17|
|ACO-36||All-Cause Unplanned Admissions for Patients with Diabetes||N/A||53.20|
|ACO-37||All-Cause Unplanned Admissions for Patients with Heart Failure||N/A||75.23|
|ACO-38||All-Cause Unplanned Admissions for Patients with Multiple Chronic Conditions||N/A||59.81|
|ACO-9||Ambulatory Sensitive Condition Admissions: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or Asthma in Older Adults (AHRQ Prevention Quality Indicator (PQI) #5)||N/A||9.27|
|ACO-10||Ambulatory Sensitive Conditions Admissions: Heart Failure (AHRQ Prevention Quality Indicator (PQI) #8)||N/A||14.53|
|ACO-11||Percent of PCPs who Successfully Meet Meaningful Use Requirements||N/A||82.72|
|ACO-39||Documentation of Current Medications in the Medical Record||N/A||87.54|
|ACO-13||Falls: Screening for Future Fall Risk||N/A||64.04|
|ACO-14||Preventive Care and Screening: Influenza Immunization||N/A||68.32|
|ACO-15||Pneumonia Vaccination Status for Older Adults||N/A||69.21|
|ACO-16||Preventive Care and Screening: Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening and Follow-Up||N/A||74.45|
|ACO-17||Preventive Care and Screening: Tobacco Use: Screening and Cessation Intervention||N/A||90.98|
|ACO-18||Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for Clinical Depression and Follow-up Plan||N/A||53.63|
|ACO-19||Colorectal Cancer Screening||N/A||61.52|
|ACO-20||Breast Cancer Screening||N/A||67.61|
|ACO-21||Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for High Blood Pressure and Follow-Up Documented||N/A||76.79|
|ACO-42||Statin therapy for the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease||N/A||77.72|
|ACO-27||Diabetes Mellitus: Hemoglobin A1c Poor Control||N/A||18.24|
|ACO-41||Diabetes: Eye Exam||N/A||44.94|
|ACO-28||Hypertension (HTN): Controlling High Blood Pressure||N/A||70.69|
|ACO-30||Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD): Use of Aspirin or Another Antithrombotic||N/A||85.05|
|ACO-31||Heart Failure (HF): Beta-Blocker Therapy for Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction (LVSD)||N/A||88.67|
|ACO-33||Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitor or Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB) Therapy – for patients with CAD and Diabetes or Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction (LVEF<40%)||N/A||79.67|
Please note, the ACO-40 Depression Remission at 12 months quality measure is not included in public reporting due to low samples.
Payment Rule Waivers
- No, our ACO does not use the SNF 3-Day Rule Waiver.